Tuesday, October 11, 2011

HEALING OF PARKINSON'S DISEASE THRU GOD'S GOODNESS


                                                                       St. Francis of Assisi

October 4, 2011 was the Memorial of St. Francis of Assisi. He was the epitome of God's goodness because of how he was converted from a wordly life to that of a religious life.

Saint Francis of Assisi (born Giovanni Francesco di Bernardone; 1181/1182 – October 3, 1226) was an Italian Catholic friar and preacher. He founded the men's Franciscan Order, the women’s Order of St. Clare, and the lay Third Order of Saint Francis. St. Francis is one of the most venerated religious figures in history.

Francis was the son of a wealthy cloth merchant in Assisi, and he lived the high-spirited life typical of a wealthy young man, even fighting as a soldier for Assisi. While going off to war in 1204, Francis had a vision that directed him back to Assisi, where he lost his taste for his worldly life. On a pilgrimage to Rome, Francis begged with the beggars at St. Peter's. The experience moved him to live in poverty. Francis returned home, began preaching on the streets, and soon amassed a following. His order was endorsed by Pope Innocent III in 1210. He then founded the Order of Poor Clares, which was an enclosed order for women, as well as the Third Order of Brothers and Sisters of Penance. In 1219, he went to Egypt where crusaders were besieging Damietta, hoping to find martyrdom at the hands of the Muslims. By this point, the Franciscan Order had grown to such an extent that its primitive organizational structure was no longer sufficient. He returned to Italy to organize the order. Once his organization was endorsed by the Pope, he withdrew increasingly from external affairs. In 1223, Francis arranged for the first Christmas manger scene. In 1224, he received the stigmata, making him the first person to bear the wounds of Christ's Passion. He died in 1226 while singing Psalm 141.

On July 16, 1228, he was pronounced a saint by Pope Gregory IX. He is known as the patron saint of animals, the environment and one of the two patrons of Italy (with Catherine of Siena), and it is customary for Catholic and Anglican churches to hold ceremonies blessing animals on his feast day of 4 October.

References:

SCRIPTURES:

"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light, for light produces every kind of goodness and righteousness and truth. Try to learn what is pleasing to the Lord."

                                                                          Ephesians 5: 8-10



"Whoever walks without blame, doing what is right, speaking truth from the heart; who does not salnder a neighbor, does no harm to another, never defames a friend; who disdains the wicked, but honors those who fear the Lord; who keeps an oath despite the cost, lends no money at interest, accepts no bribe against the innocent. Whoever acts like this shall never be shaken."

                                                                         Psalms 15: 2-5



" Make known to me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my savior. For you I wait all the long day, because of your goodness, Lord. Remember your compasiion and love, O Lord; for they are ages old. Remember no more the sins of my youth, remember me only in light of your love. Good and upright is the Lord, who shows sinners the way. Guides the humble rightly, and teaches the humble the way."

                                                                        Psalms 25: 4-9



"Trust in the Lord and do good that you may dwell in the land and live secure. Find your delight in the Lord who will give you your heart's desire."

                                                                      Psalms 35: 3-4



"Great is the Lord and worthy of high praise; God's grandeur is beyond understanding. One generation praises your deeds to the next and procliams your mighty works. They speak of the splendor of your majestic glory, tell of your wonderful deeds. They publish the renown of your abounding goodness and joyfully sing of your justice. The Lord is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in love. The Lord is good to all, compassionate to every creature." 

                                                                       Psalms 145: 3-9



PRAYER:


PRAYER FOR HEALING OF PARKINSON’S DISEASE
THROUGH THE INTERCESSION OF BLESSED JOHN PAUL II

When my legs are frozen in place,
May God the Father push me and remind me
To lift my toes up and swing my arms
That I may walk again and not be afraid.

When I feel like falling or as my posture stoops,
May Jesus Christ, God the Son, break my fall
And catch me as I move forward
With my legs braced and feet wide apart.

When my movement is slow and I hesitate,
May God the Holy Spirit enlighten my path,
Broaden my horizon and show me the way
That I will be more agile and graceful in my steps and bearing.

When my hands and feet are shaking, or my chin trembles,
And my voice weakens as I speak,
May Mother Mary embrace me to calm me and assure me
That everything will be okay and I can rest in her arms and wait
Until everything is still and steady and I am in peace
As my voice grows strong and clear.

Forgive me, God the Father, for all my sins
Heal me, God the Son, from my Parkinson’s disease
Bless me, God the Holy Spirit, with wisdom and knowledge
Love me, Mother Mary, so that I can love and serve others despite my PD.
Thank you, Lord, for granting my prayers.

We ask all these, through the intercession of Blessed John Paul II.
Amen.

Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory Be…

Blessed John Paul II, Pray for us.


Prayer For Peace by St. Francis of Assisi


Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon,
Where there is doubt, faith,
Where there is despair, hope,
Where there is darkness, light,
and where there is sadness,joy.

O Divine Master, grant that
I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love;

For it is in giving that we receive
it is in pardoning that
we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that
we are born to eternal life.


St. Francis of Assiss, pray for us.



ACTION:

Today, I will be like St. Francis in being an instrument of peace to every person I meet.  I will also take part in the first annual convention of Pinoy Parkinson's disease on October 22, 2011 in Makati City so I can encourage other Pinoy PD's like myself to to experience  God's  goodness and mercy.


P.S. FINAL CALL FOR FREE REGISTRATION ! Register for FREE on or before October 15, 2011.

P.P.S. Register for a GUARANTEED SEAT and SLOT in the workshop to a LIMITED NUMBER of participants on or before October 15, 2011, including LUNCH,  2 SNACKS and SEMINAR KIT!


P.P.P.S. Submit REGISTRATION DETAILS (Name, Age, Contact number and E-mail address) on or before October 15, 2011 to avail of FREE REGISTRATION and send via email to drajoy31@yahoo.com / drajoy31@gmail.com


2 comments:



  1. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure ultimate health home, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimatehealthhome they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad was also diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech,degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 46 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he was having trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,i recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who also needs help.

    ReplyDelete